Sunday, November 28, 2004

A Dell laptop

I ordered a dell laptop - it arrived DOA (bluescreens, random hangs). Looking at my invoice I realized at the same time that I had ordered the wrong screen - not enough resolution. Well I thought I'll ask them to upgrade the machine when I return it under their 30 day exchange policy and I'll pay the difference.

Apparently, that was unacceptable. I could only get the exact same machine under replacement. Something about the warranty, which a) I couldn't understand and b) sounded like their internal problem.

Anyway after years of satisfaction with Dell (I've been buying/recommending them since about 1993), I returned it. Stupidity that deep has made me consider purchasing another brand. I'm off to futureshop to see what they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home