Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Time to say Goodbye

I'm now officially entering middle-age. I'm turning in my Red 1988 Mazda RX-7 sports car for a Pontiac Montana mini van.

I bought the car 10 years ago for $5000, and am getting about $2000 for it now. The car has a great following and people want it. I personally, never want to see the thing again. However I had a lot of fun in it over the years. It's gone across the country twice driving and once on the train. It's been hit by a garbage truck, an SUV and a falling rock on HIghway 1 around lake superior (always repaired). It took my wife to the hospital with our first child, when the other car broke down on the way to the hospital. It took me and Mark Roseman through the mountains on more than one occasion.

When I was a lot younger I did 180km/h in it - and scared my self silly when I thought about hitting a deer. Various people (including myself) have squeezed into the back hatchback, because it only seats two. Rado was the latest "in the hatch".

It drove me to all my fulltime jobs - OTI, U of C, Rightsmarket, Teamwave, EFA, Presslogic, ClearStream, and now CGI. It has been occupied by various cohorts in which we've discussed development and making a better product on a drive home or to a restaurant. Many of those friendships and working relationships continue to this day. In fact Alan and Joseph are working with me at CGI.

Goodbye RX7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home