Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Help with problems not with solutions

Are you leading an agile team?

One of my big (and hard) learnings has been that one of the key ingredients to a high performance team is how the leadership delegates responsibility.

I have found that helping people identify problems, and brainstorming with them (rather than for them) creates a great enabled team. It also creates a great relationship.

I have found that leadership for me, means letting the people I work for (my team) do what they think is best. They make great decisions. Any mistakes they make, they recover from. I like to help with advice, if they ask for it.

Here's a great article from the globe and mail on the subject: (sorry, you'll have to purchase it)
Caution: thinking encouraged here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home